If he is not one of the 42 players recently called up by Fabien Galthié for the World Cup which will begin in September, Antony Jelonch, seriously injured in his knee, still believes in his chances of competing in the World Cup.
The XV of France is preparing to launch its preparation for its World Cup, which will open on September 8. The Blues have indeed an appointment this Sunday in Monaco for his first internship. No less than 42 players have been selected by Fabien Galthié and his staff. Unsurprisingly, Antony Jelonch is not in the group.
The second line of Stade Toulousain is indeed on the flank since his serious knee injury which occurred last February during the shock against Scotland. But the former Auscitan did not give up on being reinstated in time. He is thus working hard to join the Blues in mid-August, six days before the group is reduced to 33 units by the tricolor staff. After four months of rehabilitation, “the signs are positive” he said to The team. “I remain optimistic,” he added. And if it doesn’t, it doesn’t matter, I’ll do more rugby matches. And if I am told that I will only make the final, I sign immediately (laughs)! » The final is scheduled for October 28…
In any case, Antony Jelonch gives himself every chance. “We worked a lot outdoors, at sea, in the mountains, which did me good, says Jelonch. The weeks were busy, often 9 am to 7 pm from Monday to Friday, like at the factory a bit (laughs). I may have forced myself a little over the last week, I was exhausted coming back to Toulouse, the knee swelled a little when I resumed the race, but nothing very alarming”, he explained, adding: “We will be on re-athletics to redo the body, the explosiveness and the resumption of contacts. We’re going to do a little less lower body work and more rugby-related work. After the CERS, I will see how I feel at five months and if I can rejoin the France team. »