Judged for “willful violence”, the international pillar of Montpellier Mohamed Haouas saw his trial postponed to May 12, because he was not present this Friday.
Mohamed Haouas had chosen to be represented by his lawyer for his trial for “willful violence” this Friday in Montpellier, but the criminal court refused and dismissed the trial. The 28-year-old international pillar must be present at his trial, said prosecutor Alain Octuvon-Bazile, for whom the fact that he was in training before his team’s match against the Ospreys on Saturday in the Champions Cup did not justify his absence. ” Personal appearance is required. You have to be judged in order to then be able to move on in life. I looked at the calendar, so it will take place after the end of the 6 Nations Tournament, ”said the president of the court, Anne-Flore Lebondidier. The player’s lawyer, Maître Marc Gallix, nevertheless considered that his absence was justified “especially since the opposing party was not present either. There could not have been a real confrontation on the course of events, “he said, according to comments relayed by France Blue Herault.
Haouas summoned for a fight in 2014
Last year, the player with 15 selections for the France team was given an 18-month suspended prison sentence for his involvement in burglaries committed between February and April 2014. He had not yet started his professional career ( who commented in August 2017). This Friday, he was summoned, along with five other people, for “aggravated violence” and “destruction of the property of others committed in a meeting” during a fight near a bakery on January 1, 2014. Mohamed Haouas, who has signed for the next three seasons in Clermont, will therefore have to wait another four months before knowing his fate, even if May 12 will be the day before the match between Montpellier and La Rochelle.counting for the penultimate day of Top 14. But we can imagine that this time, the pillar will not be represented at his trial, even if he has training the day before the match.